Party of 4!

Party of 4!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where has time gone...

This summer has gone by so fast... I can't believe we are almost halfway through July. I'm sorry I have neglected the blog the last few weeks; now it is time to play catch up.

To start out I have to fill you all in on my little accident... I was working at an event 3 Saturday's ago and I fell off a chair and sprained my ankle. It was probably one of the most painful things that has ever happened to me. One of my fellow employees took me to the hospital because we were afraid it might be broken but we were relieved to find out it was only sprained and I would be on crutches and in an air cast for a week or so. Being on crutches was quite a work out. My ankle is doing much better, but not a 100% so I have now started physical therapy. I know... your probably thinking physical therapy for a sprained ankle... you must be the weakest person EVER... but let me tell you... being I was at work it is qualified under workman's comp so I have been advised to treat my ankle with sensitivity and care. So hopefully in a week or so I will be 100% and can get back on my "Bride to Be" work our schedule... and what I mean by get back on I really mean start!


The last few weeks we have been busy with work, work and more work. We did have a very successful 4th of July event - the 13th Annual Red, Hot & Blue Festival and Fireworks!! The weather held off and everything turned out wonderful. Jay and I spent the event at Landry's for the Sponsor Event and enjoyed the fireworks there. As some of you all know, my job is to take care of the sponsors for our events; so that put us at the sponsor event for the day. We had a great time and all of my sponsors were very happy! Now the real job starts... to get them to recommit for next year!

After the 4th I spent the week catching up and following up at work and trying to relax as much as possible. Then last weekend Jay and I headed up to Dallas to spend some time with his family. Jay missed Father's Day so we spent Saturday with the fam and rented a boat and enjoyed the open water with fishing, snacks and lots of sun. We had a great time and I was super impressed with Jay's boating skills... I was a little nervous at first with him as our captain... not really that he was our captain but that he was driving the boat, but he proved me wrong and was a perfect driver!!!

Our Captain and me!
The Ingram clan!

Also, on our trip to Dallas Jay and I stopped by one of my good friends from college house to see her new addition! It was a quick visit, but great to see them. Courtney and Eric, your new little boy is precious! I can't wait to see more photos of him in the weeks to come! Congrats again.

Well it is now Thursday evening and only one more day left till the weekend!!! YEAH! Also, I will do my best to post more "Almost Ingram" happenings more frequently!!! Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment