Party of 4!

Party of 4!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Trip to Maryland

This past week I enjoyed a relaxing trip to visit my grandparents in Maryland and enjoyed some great beach weather with my family!  Sadly, Jay wasn't able to make the trip, so it definitely wasn't the same without him, and I look forward to him joining us the next time we make the trip to the eastern shore.

Trip recap:

Tuesday - I flew in late Tuesday evening
Wednesday - Perfect beach day!  83 was the high and there was a steady wind all day!
Thursday - We woke up super early for a day of fishing in the Chesapeake Bay.  This was my first serious time to fish.  I mean... I have been fishing before, but nothing like this.  We cruised out an hour as the sun rose and caught out limit by 9:30 a.m.  Then we headed back in and stopped by and visited family on our way back to the beach.
Friday - Cold front came through Thursday night so Friday was COLD... the high was 50 something... I was soooo not used to that weather!  But it was nice and we did enjoy it.  We spent most of the day relaxing in the condo and hanging out with family.  That evening we drove to this amazing restaurant one hour and a half away called Suicide Bridge and celebrated my Poppop's (that is what i call my grandfather) 88th birthday!  We had a blast... even though we were in the car forever!!!
Saturday - Packed up the condo and headed to my grandparents house.  More visiting family and friends and a little shopping with my mom.
Sunday - Woke up super early and caught my flight home to see my love...

Also, on Friday while we were visiting my great uncle he let each of us pick out a painting for us to take.  This was his give to Jay and me for our wedding gift.  There were over 80 or so painting to choose and they were all so beautiful.  Some were impressions, others were scenic, and the one I choose was a replica of Van Gogh's Bedroom in Aries.  What do you think?

This is the original Van Gogh's Bedroom in Aries

This is an original from Jacque, my great uncles dear friend who passed away a few years ago.

It was a great trip with my family!  Here are a few photos from the trip!

Happy Monday!
Jennifer and I right after we boarded the boat... it was super early... can you tell.
Dad and I on ride out to our fishing site.
The first catch of the day... Dad was the lucky fisherman! 
My big catch of the day!!!
Jennifer big catch!  10 seconds before I took this photo she dropped it right on the floor,  it was hilarious! 
 Poppop and me relaxing on the boat!
Dan caught the biggest and last fish of the day! 
All of us after our day of fishing!
Jennifer and I on the step in front of Mommom & Poppop's house.
Me and Poppop... the birthday boy!  Happy 88th Birthday Poppop! 
Jennifer & Mommom.
Mom & Dad!
All of us after dinner at Suicide Bridge. 
The beautiful view from the condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment