Party of 4!

Party of 4!

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Where were you?

Ten years ago our world changed forever... the way we travel, our global economy, politics, the way we honor and respect our public safety heros, and so many other things... too many to mention.  So as I remember the horrible attacks on our country I think back to where I was and what I was doing...


It was a normal Tuesday morning at The Woodlands High School my senior year until I heard from friends a plane crashed in to the World Trade Centers in NY in-between first and second period.  I was on my way to Spanish class and when I walked in the room our teacher already had the TV on and a handful of students were helping her adjust the rabbit ears to get a more clear photo.  The rest of Spanish class that day all eyes were glued to the TV... well all but two of my classmates... the two had their heads down on their desks and I later found out that both of their parents were in the US Air Force and were called to immediate duty and were on their way to Washington D.C.

The rest of the day I remember my teachers trying to get back to teaching, but some either had the TV on or radio reporting news from the days events.  After school I remember they cancelled all after school practices, so golf was cancelled, but I still went to work.  I worked at a local day care in the 2 year-olds room.  Most of the kids in my class were gone before I got there... their parents came and pick them up early so it was a slow afternoon.  I remember the rest of the week we were glued to the TV in shock.

Being that the 10th Anniversary of 9-11-01 is tomorrow, I have found myself thinking how I will remember this history that changed our world and how I will continue to share my store of where I was... and how I will honor those who lost their lives that day.  So... where were you... and how will you remember?

Lastly, Jay sent me this article link earlier this week, and I thought I would forward it on... it is so interesting to see how the events on 9-11 have impacted the last 10 years in ways never expected.


After 9/11: 50 dates that quietly changed America




No comments:

Post a Comment