Party of 4!

Party of 4!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Baby Benjamin: 5 Weeks!

Weight: As of last Thursday Benjamin was 8 lbs 11 oz... so I'm we are thinking he is almost 9 pounds!

Health: Doing great!  Baby acne has cleared up and his clogged tear ducts are getting much better... only the left eye is still a little clogged.  And last weeks shots went ok... but it broke my heart when he cried.
Sleep: Same as last week... going 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 hours at night... looking for ideas to possibly get him to sleep longer stretches at night... any suggestions?
Social: Benjamin had his first play date with his little buddy Braddock, who was born just 26 hours after him!  We also ventured out to our first church service for Mother's Day and he did well... woke up mid service so daddy took him to the back before he started fussing.
Diet: Mommas milk!  Drinking 3.5 oz every 3-3.5 hours.

Clothes: 0-3 Month clothes and size 1 diapers!
Baby Gear Loves: Swaddle Me Sleep Sacks!  These are a must have for Benjamin... out little wiggle worm manages to get out of even the tightest swaddle wraps, but this one keeps him tucked in tight and snug!

Crying: Since we started giving him a bottle, (I'm pumping and bottle feeding him) he fusses when we stop to burp him... it is the saddest wimper ever... but once he lets out a little burp he stops... guess he doesn't like to give up his burps!

Likes:  Lately he really likes to have little conversations... we will hold him close to our face and babble back and forth... sometimes he joins in... sometimes he just listens, but this it the time when he gives the most smiles... I can't wait till he starts laughing!  
Postpartum:  Feeling the most like myself since Benjamin's arrival!  I made the decision to pump and give him a bottle... which was a decision that we didn't take lightly, but it is the best decision for us.  Before when I was exclusively breast-feeding I would only have 30 minutes to an hour to enjoy him, clean up, take care of myself before he went down for a nap before we did it all again... needless to say time and rest is very important so we made the change to pump and bottle feed breast milk.  I have been doing this for 4 days and have really liked the change.  I feel like I have more time to enjoy him and get the much needed rest I have been lacking.
Milestones: Friday night we went out for our first date night as a family of 3!  Ben slept the entire time and allowed momma and daddy to enjoy sushi and a nice relaxing evening out to dinner.  And on Sunday we celebrated my very first Mother's Day!  It was so special and exactly what I wanted.  We attended our first church service, then enjoyed a relaxing lunch at my sister and brother in laws house with my parents and grandmother.  Also, over the weekend I had a little night out for dinner with some girlfriends!  It was nice to enjoy a hot meal and wonderful company!

No comments:

Post a Comment