Party of 4!

Party of 4!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Cooking 101

The last few days I have tried a few new recipes and thankfully they turned out fairly well. On Thursday night I decided to make at 14-layer cake. It turned out to be only 13 layers, and had a hit of flower to the taste but overall it turned out pretty well. It was fairly easy, but very messy. It looked really pretty when I made the first few slices… with all the layers showing and all. And was delicious with my new found favorite “Blue Bell Ice Cream Vanilla – Light”. I can’t even tell the difference.



Then Friday night my parents came over and I made an eye of roast rib with root veggies, couscous, and a side salad. It turned out really good, very juicy and tender. We finished off the evening with a great dessert… the 13-layer cake.


Then on Sunday morning I got the craving for my favorite… blue berry pancakes. I got the recipe from Bakerella’s blog… it was delicious! They were so tasty and very filling. Jay even enjoyed them and he would not consider himself a blueberry fan.



Then to finish up the weekend of cooking I slaved all day in the kitchen making a pot roast in the Crockpot. Just kidding… I put the roast in with the veggies in the morning then Jay and I went over to the Anthony’s house and helped them build their beautiful porch and came back to a wonderfully smelling house and tasty dinner.


It was a perfect weekend with just enough time in the kitchen. Great weather, great food, and great leftovers!!! I’m not sure what my meal is this week but I will let you know when I figure that out.

Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment