Party of 4!

Party of 4!

Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring is here!

Spring is here and life is busy! Last weekend we celebrated a good friend birthday!!! Happy Birthday Lindsay!!! We had a great time and had a blast with the dance competition!!!


Now that Spring is here we decided to get the yard in shape... and when I say we I really mean Jay. He loves taking care of my yard and is excited to get new flowers planted and the yard in great shape for the year. If you aren't familiar with yard work let me be the first to tell you weeds are the worst thing EVER... I didn't weed my backyard flower bed last year so this year it was a jungle... there were probably creatures making a home back there, but Jay could not let it keep getting out of control... so we spent all last Sunday afternoon in the yard pulling weeds, trimming bushes, and cutting back the overgrowth of the shrubs. Here are some before, during and after picture of our hard work.



The jungle before....
and after!
This weekend we are planning on putting mulch down and planting flowers!

In addition to getting the yard in shape I decided to try baking again and made a Red Velvet Cake. It was really easy and very yummy! Here are some photos of the masterpiece. It is very exciting making a cake from scratch and it actually tasting really good! I got the recipe on Bakerella's website... check it out! http://www.bakerella.com/red-velvet-cake/


Other spring activities included reorganizing my laundry room. Last Saturday I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and bought a storage unit to replace my old one. It made a big difference and looks so much more organized and clean. Here are some photos...

before...

after!!!

In other news some of our very best friends are finding out if they are going to have a boy or girl today at 3:30!!! I can't wait to hear from them... I'm thinking girl, but we will see!!!

Our weekend is going to be busy... tonight Duke is playing at 9 and we are going out with some friends to watch the big games! Also, Jay sister Jessica is coming in town for the weekend! We are super excited to see her and hear about her wedding plans! We haven't seen her since her and Spencer got engaged; then Saturday we are all headed out to Town Green Park for the Cure PH Crawfish Boil - also known as The Woodlands Crawfish Boil. If you don't have any plans and would like to enjoy great fun and crawfish, come out to TGP between 11 and 6pm. Then Sunday Jay and I hope to get on the golf course... he got new golf clubs last week and is eager to hit the links.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and is enjoying the beautiful weather!

With Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment