Party of 4!

Party of 4!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Excuse my absence

I am sorry for my absence... life has been busy lately, but great. Let me catch everyone up...

I got sick with an ear infection, went bridesmaids' dress shopping with my wonderful bridesmaids, enjoyed the visit of one of my best friends, celebrated the 15th Annual Public Safety Awards Banquet (work stuff), bought Jay his first pair of cowboy boots, and a new set of golf clubs and been pretty busy with work, both Jay and I.

I have continued my cooking challenge and unfortunately dinner failed miserably last night. I tried to make chicken tacos with a fool proof recipe, slow cooker with veggies and all, but the chicken I used must have been in the freezer too long because it tasted like old, gross water. Jay tried to make the best of it, the good supporting fiancée he is, but I refused to serve it... It was a sad night... but everyone has a story like that... right? If you have one please share it with me.

Anyways, my next dinner special is going to be Thursday night... I am going to attempt to make a roast with potatoes, veggies, and possibly couscous. Wish me luck.

Also, I wanted to catch everyone up on wedding plans. Church, The Woodlands United Methodist Church - Robb Chapel - booked; reception, The Woodlands Resort and Country Club - Emerald Ballroom - booked; band, Toast and Jam - booked; photographer - booked; flowers - picked; invitations - ordered; dress - ordered; hair and make-up - booked; mother of the bride dress - ordered; we are on a roll! I made our timeline for the rest of the wedding plans and was really excited about how much we have done. Also, we now know what we need to do and when we need to have it finished. Very exciting for an organized bride-to-be.

Now it is time to watch my new favorite show... The Biggest Looser. If you haven't watched you are missing out! It is truly amazing to see how the contestants change their lives. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true! Check it out - Tuesdays on NBC at 7pm Central time.

Here are some photos from the afternoon of bridesmaids' dress shopping! Thank you girls for your love and support! You all made it so fun and enjoyable!




No comments:

Post a Comment